Glasgow mafia meeting at PLDI

Alastair David Reid reid@cs.utah.edu
24 Jun 2001 14:55:38 -0600

Ian Lynagh <igloo@earth.li> writes:

> I can't easily see the proposal ATM, but if you own a domain then
> surely you already have namespace you can use under the email
> (user?) top level? I'm not convinced the domain top level is
> necessary.

In other words, the Org and User trees should be merged and names like:

  Org.Org.Haskell.Org.HGL
  User.Org.Haskell.Org.Reid

should be written more like this:

  <something>.Org.Haskell.Org.HGL
  <something>.Org.Haskell.Org.Users.Reid

We briefly discussed this but it was felt that it was useful to
distinguish between official company libraries and private libraries
of those who happen to work at companies. This was felt most strongly
by those who work for companies than those working at universities.

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/