I Hate IO

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:43:02 -0700

I really like the idea of a source and sink class, among other things it
would allow things like a sink which spit out a cryptographic hash of
everything that went through it discarding the data itself. or one which
droped everything to an in-heap list. or even one that split the data
into two and sent it to multiple sinks... such a framework would be very
useful in real world programming.

also, Haskell really really needs a standard 'Byte' type rather than
confusing Char, but I have ranted about this before, I am glad to see
other people think the same thing... :)..
	John
John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - john@repetae.net