[jhc] ANNOUNCE: Start Ajhc project with forking jhc.

Kiwamu Okabe kiwamu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:38:23 CET 2013

Hi John.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> Super cool. I'd actually like to continue to merge your changes back
> into the original branch if that's okay.

I am so happy that merge Ajhc's changing to jhc.

> with. Is there no way you can use darcs to continue development? it
> makes pulling patches back and forth between branches very easy.
> Though, I suppose i can use git diff to get at your changes, it will
> get harder if they diverge much more.

Umm.....sorry....
I would like to use git below reasons.

1. To use travis-ci. https://travis-ci.org/ajhc/ajhc
2. To collaborate other people to develop Ajhc.

Ajhc's main branch is jhc's darcs repo daily mirror.
Out changes are putted on Ajhc's arafura branch.
Is there method to mirror git arafura branch => darcs repo?
And it's good for your developing style?

My future plans are below. ("v" is done. "*" is yet.)

v Try to rewrite a part of NetBSD bootloader.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyxy5Qo2m8
v Translate Jhc User’s Manual to Japanese.
  http://metasepi.masterq.net/posts/2013-01-12-jhc_manual_ja.html
* Fix bug that run stm32f3-discovery demo. It causes Ajhc RTS heep impl.
  https://github.com/ajhc/demo-cortex-m3/tree/master/stm32f3-discovery
* Rewrite Cortex-M3 base library with Ajhc.
* Pass all regress test, and enable regress fail setting on travis-ci.
  https://travis-ci.org/ajhc/ajhc
* Analyze jhc internal (Japanese doc).
  http://metasepi.masterq.net/posts/2013-01-31-jhc_internal_overview.html
  http://metasepi.masterq.net/posts/2013-02-14-jhc_grin_to_c.html
* Find critical region of Ajhc for reentrant and thread safe.
* Understand jhc's region inference.
* Find the method to implement GC that can be interrupted.
* Rewrite NetBSD kernel with Ajhc.

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe