[jhc] [Question] Should jhc support Cabal? Or should use only yaml?

Kiwamu Okabe kiwamu at debian.or.jp
Mon Apr 1 10:38:10 CEST 2013

Hi Henning and others.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Henning Thielemann
<jhc at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> I have once updated JHC support in Cabal because I did not like to install a
> lot of packages manually. Cabal-install can install a lot of packages in one
> go. But actually I had to edit all involved Cabal files.

I have thought about Cabal and jhc many time.
Then I decide to split the problem to two stage.

Stage1.
* Ajhc is installed with cabal. (Perhaps, also jhc.)
* Ajhc's packages (hl files) is installed with jhc's YAML files.

Stage2.
* Ajhc's package (hl file) is installed with cabal.

Now I am trying to build stage1.
But stage2 is not needed for my usage.
I will create thin wrapper installer for YAML files.

Anyone try to build stage2?

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe