[jhc] `base' vs. `haskell98' when patching jhc for GHC >= 7.2

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:13:36 CET 2012

Hello John,

2012/1/18 John Meacham <john at repetae.net>:
[...]
> I tend to mainly keep jhc compatible with what is in ubuntus stable
> release, which is ghc 7.0.2 at the moment. though patches for newer
> versions would be appreciated of course.
>
>    John
[...]
as already mentioned for GHC >= 7.2 the package `haskell98' conflicts
with the `base' package. Thus when patching jhc for such a GHC version
seems to amount to use only one of them. Would it be okay to use
`base' alone for jhc (since imho jhc is less Haskell 98 compliant
than, for instance, DrIFT)?

Dirk