[jhc] Building cabal packages with jhc

Ricardo Wurmus ricardo.wurmus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:46:01 CET 2012

Hi,

I want to use jhc to build my WAI-based application for the ARM
architecture. Compared to their counterparts in GHC, the libraries
that come with jhc 0.8 have different names (jhc-prim vs ghc-prim) and
version numbers (base-1.0 vs base-4.x in GHC). This makes it
impossible to build packages from cabal with cabal-install and the
---jhc flag.

Will I have to manually compile all dependent packages with jhc in
order to build my application or is there a more convenient way more
akin to a simple `cabal install` when using GHC?

Best,
rekado