[jhc] almost to 0.8.0 - feedback welcome

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Mon Feb 6 01:28:19 CET 2012

On 1/31/12 7:41 PM, John Meacham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to announce that we are almost upon the 0.8.0 release of
> jhc, which has quite a few changes from the past so I was hoping I
> could get some people to help test the newest darcs tree and give
> feedback.

So, I just pulled down a clean copy of the repo and tried to build it.
So far I've run into the following build issues:

* autoconf correctly identified that DrIFT wasn't installed, but then
make ended up trying to call DrIFT anyways.

* some package named HsSyck is specified when trying to compile jhc,
though that's not listed in the required tools
<http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/development.shtml> and isn't checked
for during autoconf.

* During `make libs` I get the following errors:

     [23 of 57] Jhc.Inst.Order
     lib/jhc/Jhc/Inst/Order.hs:13  - Error: Unknown name: Jhc.Class.Ord.<
     lib/jhc/Jhc/Inst/Order.hs:13  - Error: Unknown name: Jhc.Class.Ord.>
     lib/jhc/Jhc/Inst/Order.hs:13  - Error: Unknown name: Jhc.Class.Ord.==
     lib/jhc/Jhc/Inst/Order.hs:13  - Error: Unknown name: Jhc.Class.Ord./=

Live well,
~wren