[jhc] foreign ptr bugs

Korcan Hussein korcan_h at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 00:47:15 CET 2011

Hello, I've modified the example (attached to this email) to: writing back out the loaded image (1 binding function), drawing a horizontal line with set-pixel action I wrote, and using the fill rect routine (1 binding function). Each one is commented out except for drawing a line.

In all cases I'm getting incorrect behaviour and/or seg faults when (gcc) optimizations are enabled (with -fno-strict-aliasing set), if I use -fdebug all cases work correctly and no seg faults.

When saving out the buffer with optimizations turned on the image is loaded and does get saved out but once the operation completes (or when the program exits) I get a seg fault.

When drawing a line to the screen with optimizations turned on as soon the code tries to set the first pixel the program crashes with a seg fault but with -fdebug it works perfectly.

-fno-strict-aliasing fixes the issue with pointer values being the same but there is still something weird going on.