[jhc] ANNOUNCE: jhc-0.7.6

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sun Aug 1 03:10:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:13:15PM -0300, Felipe Lessa wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Lemmih <lemmih at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> >> Announcing jhc 0.7.6! This release fixes a large number of bugs that cropped up
> >> when compiling hoskell out in the wild. In addition it has some major internal
> >> cleanups and better support for cross-compilation. This is a minor release in
> >> that I am just announcing it on jhc at haskell.org.
> >
> > Benchmark updated with new results: http://mirror.seize.it/report.html
>
> On "ansi" and on "digits-of-e1" the JHC-0.7.6-gc compiler is segfaulting gcc :).

Yes, I have noticed this a couple times, I have not taken the time to
track down the root interaction that is crashing gcc, but it seems to be
something brittle, as slightly changing the program or altering the
optimization flags will cause it to go away. Hmm.. perhaps I need to do
some exhaustive search for optimal gcc flags..

        John