[jhc] darcs patch: add System.IO.Pipe.

David Roundy roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu
Sun Sep 20 18:26:30 EDT 2009

Hi John,

This patch adds support for popen/pclose.  It's a bit hokey, and
doesn't quite work right.  In particular, I get an error if I try to
use getErrno in openPipe.  gcc complains about errno not being
defined, because errno.h isn't included.  For the moment, openPipe
just doesn't check for errors, but that isn't a great long-term
solution.

So far as I can discern, this is portable code, at least to mingw,
which is as far into windows as I care to venture.

David

P.S.  I'd much rather have System.Process ported, but gave up on doing
this myself after realizing that I'd have to implement much of
GHC.Handle in order to do this, since we'd have to work with file
descriptors rather than FILE *.  :(

Sun Sep 20 18:20:21 EDT 2009  David Roundy <roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu>
  * add System.IO.Pipe.