[jhc] darcs patch: removed use of RecordWildCards, which is buggy in ghc ...

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 19:08:25 EDT 2009

But field names are also function names, which are values, and live in
the same namespace.  That's what makes it so confusing (to me).  If
you fail to see those two little . then you end up reading the code
completely wrong.  It remains syntactically valid, but fails to type
check.  But humans are very bad (or perhaps I should say *I* am very
bad) at type inference, so it can take a very long time to figure out
where the error lies.

David