[jhc] Re: Initial profiling results

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:38:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Taral<taralx at gmail.com> wrote:
> freeMetaVarsEnv/tiNonRecImpl/tiImplGroups/tcBindGroup/tiProgram/tiModules/doModules’/typeCheckGraph/parseFiles/buildLibrary/main

This breaks out thus:

freeMetaVarsEnv: 7.4% of alloc
freeMetaVarsEnv/freeMetaVars: 4.3% of alloc
freeMetaVarsEnv/unVar/$f11: 8.5% of alloc

> freeMetaVarsEnv/tiExpl/tcBindGroup/tiProgram/tiModules/doModules’/typeCheckGraph/parseFiles/buildLibrary/main

This breaks out thus:

freeMetaVarsEnv: 9.6% of alloc (itself, not inherited)
freeMetaVarsEnv/freeMetaVars: 5.5% of alloc
freeMetaVarsEnv/unVar/$f11: 11% of alloc

Add it up and you get 46.3% of allocation. How big are these envs?

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"Please let me know if there's any further trouble I can give you."