[jhc] Building cabal packages

Henning Thielemann jhc at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Nov 17 06:15:31 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Chris Eidhof wrote:

> --list-libraries does include the Yampa package, but the verbose option
> doesn't show any exported modules. So the next question: how can I convince
> JHC to compile the exposed-modules in that cabal file?

This clearly means that JHC has not compiled your modules but just created
an empty package. I suggest using Cabal from Darcs HEAD. It creates the
necessary JHC-package-file for you. If you are using JHC from darcs, then
you might still apply the following changes to Cabal in order to process
the new --list-libraries format:

cabal$ darcs whatsnew ./Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs
What's new in "Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs":

{
hunk ./Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs 113
+    ,(Rank2Types                 , "")
hunk ./Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs 136
+             (skipSpaces >> string "- " >> skipSpaces >> parse) ln)
+{-
+          pCheck (readP_to_S
hunk ./Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs 140
+-}