[jhc] Building cabal packages

Henning Thielemann jhc at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Nov 16 16:44:32 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, David Roundy wrote:

> Jhc (in this regard it is just like ghc, in fact) accepts only a very
> simple format similar to the cabal files.  Ghc introduced this file
> format first, and jhc works fine (I think) with just about any file
> produced for ghc, but not with the newer cabal stuff (that ghc will
> also barf on).

That matches my experience.

>  That said, it sounds quite likely that your build worked.

I cannot follow this conclusion ... but if --list-libraries shows Yampa,
it must have worked. I submitted some patches to cabal-devel to make Cabal
and cabal-install work with JHC-0.7.2. I also made some modifications with
respect to the changed --list-libraries format in JHC-0.7.3, but did not
submit them as patch to cabal-devel, since JHC-0.7.3 is not yet released.