[jhc] Re: How to get 'darcs send' to work?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Nov 14 18:28:19 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:16:48AM +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>> If possible, you should use 'darcs send' to send patches to the list
>> so my automation will recognize them as patches and my application
>> scripts will work. Thanks for the patches!
>
> I never had the luck to get a darcs where the built-in mail sending
> worked. Maybe I have to configure or install something in order to get it
> running?

You need a working mail set up on whatever machine you are running
'darcs send' from. for instance, on linux, you may need to install
sendmail or my preference, postfix. Depending on your internet
connection, you may have to point it at an external mail server if they
block the SMTP ports. If this doesn't work for you, you can still send
them as attachments, I'll just have to keep an eye out for them.

        John