[jhc] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.6.0 Haskell Compiler

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Mar 21 13:00:33 EDT 2009

john:
> Hi, I am pleased to announce jhc 0.6.0, It has been a long time since an
> official release, so there have been a lot of changes. Jhc is an
> optimizing haskell compiler that focuses on creating fast and portable
> code. Jhc is still mainly of interest to jhc hackers and developers than
> the general haskell public, but it is starting to see use in embedded
> development with haskell so I decided to make more public announcements
> of major releases in the future.

Hey John,

I get the following build error:

/usr/bin/ghc  -fbang-patterns -O -ignore-package lang  -W -fno-warn-unused-matches  -fwarn-type-defaults -i -i./drift_processed -i./.  -i. -odir . -hidir . -package mtl  -package unix  -ignore-package lang -package utf8-string -package binary -package zlib -fallow-undecidable-instances  -fglasgow-exts -fallow-overlapping-instances --make Main.hs StringTable/StringTable_cbits.o  cbits/md5sum.o -o jhc

on the commandline:
    Warning: -fbang-patterns is deprecated: use -XBangPatterns or pragma {-# LANGUAGE BangPatterns#-} instead

on the commandline:
    Warning: -fallow-undecidable-instances is deprecated: use -XUndecidableInstances or pragma {-# LANGUAGE UndecidableInstances#-} instead

on the commandline:
    Warning: -fallow-overlapping-instances is deprecated: use -XOverlappingInstances or pragma {-# LANGUAGE OverlappingInstances#-} instead

Util/Gen.hs:6:7:
    Could not find module `Control.Monad.Identity':
      it was found in multiple packages: transformers-0.1.1.0 mtl-1.1.0.2
make[1]: *** [jhc] Error 1

I *think* you have to -hide-all-packages then enable the ones you want one-by-one (check whatever
commandline cabal emits here).

Cheers,
  Don