[jhc] what to work on next?

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:49:09 EDT 2009

That reminds me. I had previously thought a hybrid approach for garbage
collection would be beneficial. One could use regional GC for all objects
that can be safely assigned to regions, for all others, use an incremental
GC.  Perhaps some additional assumptions could be made about the "global"
region objects that would allow for further optimizations.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Taral <taralx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Corey O'Connor<coreyoconnor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2. Improved garbage collector? This might just be a documentation
> > issue. The documentation states the region-based garbage collector
> > leaks memory. And the configure script hints at being able to use a
> > standard Boehm garbage collector library. Does the region based
> > garbage collector still have issues? When should one be used over the
> > other?
>
> +1
>
> This is the main reason I don't use jhc code in production.
>
> --
> Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
> "Please let me know if there's any further trouble I can give you."
>    -- Unknown

"The greatest obstacle to discovering the shape of the earth, the
continents, and the oceans was not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge."

- Daniel J. Boorstin