[jhc] darcs patch: fix compatability with ghc 6.10 due to D... (and 1 more)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Feb 19 02:15:39 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 04:36:12PM -0800, Taral wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:46 AM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> > Wed Feb 18 00:08:47 PST 2009  John Meacham <john at repetae.net>
> >  * don't abort if DrIFT is not installed
> >  Ignore-this: a1d3ecf56256f5d7164998f8d5a142f2
>
> Do you think it would be possible to move away from DrIFT yet? 6.10+TH
> should cover the cases, no?

A goal of jhc is to be self hosting sooner rather than later, I am
trying to keep usage of extensions to a minimum and even then restricted
to what is very likely to be in haskell'. Template Haskell is not
something I am ready to depend on just yet. DrIFT is pure haskell 98 and
can be removed as a dependency by including the generated files in the
tarball. Though, eventually, I'd like to see a standalone implementation
of template haskell, which would change things around.

In any case, with my recent changes, DrIFT isn't required to compile any
more[1] unless you do a 'make maintainer-clean' to really really clean
things up, so it shouldn't be an issue for end users.

        John

[1] http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/building.shtml

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈