[jhc] darcs patch: Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompa...

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Mar 12 14:49:29 EDT 2008

Thanks for the patch, but could you resubmit it with the .ghci file in
'utils' as a non-hidden file? I don't like having hidden files in the
repo and people can just ln -s it to .ghci if they want it. (that and I,
and probably others, already have a customized .ghci in my project directory)

this is in line with

utils/grin.vim - syntax highlighting for grin code
utils/debug.gdb - gdb macros for deconstructing and printing thunks on
the heap.

perhaps calling it something like utils/ghci.rc ? hmm.. utils/jhc.ghci?
or whatever seems best to you.

        John

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 07:38:46PM -0400, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> Tue Mar 11 19:36:21 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompanying Makefile.am changes

> New patches:
>
> [Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompanying Makefile.am changes
> Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>**20080311233621] {
> addfile ./.ghci
> hunk ./.ghci 1
> +:def recompile \_ -> return . unlines $ [":!make built-sources", ":reload"]
> hunk ./Makefile.am 193
> -i:
> +built-sources: $(BUILT_SOURCES)
> +
> +i: $(BUILT_SOURCES)
> hunk ./Makefile.am 198
> -.PHONY: ho-clean hl-clean i update-datestamp manual
> +.PHONY: ho-clean hl-clean built-sources i update-datestamp manual
> }
>
> Context:
>
> [update datestamp
> John Meacham <john at repetae.net>**20080309042215]
> [Misc. comments
> Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>**20080308164934]
> [TAG frinredvos
> John Meacham <john at repetae.net>**20080307160355]
> Patch bundle hash:
> 10dfaa873295ea15a1215c0a34dafbd407cf511b

> --

John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈