[jhc] CPP extension, .cabal parsing

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Mar 6 18:43:19 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:52:01AM -0500, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> It looks like JHC doesn't support the CPP extension.
> It also looks like it tries to parse .cabal files by itself -- which
> doesn't work right with flags.
> Together, this makes it hard to compile quickcheck. (Mostly the former, though.)

jhc supports both cpp and m4 as preprocessors, use the '-fcpp' or '-fm4'
options to enable them. I can pretty easily add support for the LANGUAGE
pragma if that helps.

The library format is not quite a cabal file, but rather just a subset.
ideally ones build system (such as autoconf, or cabal-install, or cook,
or whatever) would examine the current system and spit out an
appropriate one to invoke jhc on. In the meantime, it is easy enough to
modify a cabal file into a form jhc can grok until tools learn to cope.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈