[jhc] PatternGuards

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jan 2 22:32:19 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 01:17:31PM -0500, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> Does Jhc currently support pattern-guards, or is one of us going to have
> to implement that?  And does Jhc support LANGUAGE pragmas (or just as
> good for me, ignore them and use all its extensions all the time)?
>
> you know, for my crazy idea of compiling ghc 6.9 sometime soon :-)

No, pattern guards are currently not supported. which is too bad, as
they are perhaps one of my favorite extensions.

Jhc currently doesn't support the LANGUAGE pragma, but it should be
pretty trivial to add it.

FrontEnd.Syn.Options is a small module that just searched for pragmas
near the beginning of the file, in Ho.Build it is called to extract the
OPTIONS pragmas, you can easily extract the LANGUAGE and CHARSET pragmas
there as well and modify the behavior appropriately. all that would be
needed is a lookup table of LANGUAGE option to 'Option' parameter.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈