[jhc] jhc backend

Csaba Hruska csaba.hruska at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:14:41 EST 2008

Hi!
Will jhc strictly generate only c code ?
I know the llvm compiler framework (llvm.org), and what do you think of
using llvm for (imperative) backend instead of current c backend.
LLVM can generate c code too and it supports many platforms (X86, IA64,
SPARC, ARM, MIPS, SPU, POWERPC) and also handles all platform specific
stuff.
LLVM uses an intermediate language (typed risk lile language), and uses SSA
form. Many optimizations can be done via llvm.
and llvm supports JIT (Just In Time ) compilationm, taht can be useful for
interactive (interpreters) use of haskell.

any opinion ?

Cheers,
Csaba Hruska

P.S.:
I'm new here so let me to introduce: My name is Csaba Hruska, i'm in the 5th
year in university  (BME budapest, hungary). i'm studiyng computer science.