[jhc] Infos.

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Feb 19 20:16:02 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:27:48PM +0100, Lemmih wrote:
> In Ho/Build.hs, TVr's are stripped of Type and Info information before
> the Ho files are saved. I experimented with omitting Info information
> when saving TVr's and everything appeared to work as expected. Is
> there some corner case where saving the Info list is necessary?

you would lose demand (strictness analysis), CPR analysis information, and
properties like INLINE and NOINLINE and foreign export declarations.

The whole info is not saved to the disk, only a few select fields that
are enumerated in Info/Binary.hs are, the rest are automatically
discarded by the binary instance. I regularly add or subtract fields to
that list as I try out new optimizations or determine whether saving vs
regerating certain information is worth it.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈