[jhc] Still waiting to hear back about that type error

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Apr 23 00:10:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 04:04:57PM -0400, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> John, have you looked at it yet? Are you at least working on getting
> Jhc to use the normal base package?

Sorry, I have been swamped with my day job the last week or so. I will
hopefully have time this weekend to get back to jhc. I should say I am
not trying to get jhc to use the ghc base package directly, meerly have
the build automatically pick out the specific files that would have been
imported to jhc unchanged.  (like Arrow,Applicative, etc...)

Basically it just involves setting up the '-i' paths properly and
attempting to compile base, but there are a few things jhc still trips
over I am fixing up, I think your recent patches solved some of them,
but I will have to look. I think I need a '-fno-ghc-rules' option that
can be applied to specific files which will make jhc accept RULES_JHC
but not RULES, since ghc rules don't always make sense applied to jhc,
and the phase numbering stuff is very compiler dependent (and largely
unneeded due to CATALYSTs)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈