[jhc] So, what's going on with my patches right now?

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:00:29 EDT 2008

On 4/7/08, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 02:42:46PM -0400, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> > Tried them? Any comments? Advice? Questions?
>
> Oh, sorry. I have been prettty busy the last bit so have not gotten a
> chance to look too critically at them yet. I am going to add them in,
> but I am holding off on the patches adding stuff taken from ghc base to
> the standard libraries because I am working on a method to build those
> directly out of the ghc repo now so we don't need to replicate a lot of
> code.

That's a mighty fine excuse ;-). Btw, I hope your method involves
GHC's base package keeping the proper name, because without the name
"base" on the "base" package, Cabal has little hope of working.
(Did you know that Cabal is supposed to have JHC support? Neither did
I, until dcoutts mentioned that I was welcome to fix the JHC support
since he hadn't been able to test it...)