[jhc] darcs patch: Fix kind inference + test (and 6 more)

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:47:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mon Mar 31 07:28:01 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Fix kind inference + test
>   Also, comment out the case in kindOf that makes things look fine when
>   they aren't -- unless of course * isn't the right kind

This one makes the kind inference actually run when
FrontEnd.KindInfer.hsTypeToType, and makes kindOf stop reporting *
when the name in question is not in the environment -- signifying that
kind inference has definitely not seen it. The former behaviour was
useless, serving only to make things appear to work when they in fact
did not, merely because * happened to be the correct kind in most
cases.

>  Mon Mar 31 11:18:39 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Work around type inference bug relating to main (I didn't do it!)

This one just makes the test case for the previous patch actually run.

>  Fri Mar 21 00:29:22 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Split TArrows where appropriate

This one breaks apart TArrows when they must be matched with other
things in type inference.

>  Thu Mar 20 16:42:02 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Actually define (->)...

This establishes the kind of (->) as ?? -> ? -> *, as copied from GHCi
output for :kind (->).

>  Tue Mar 18 18:43:45 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Add Control.Monad.Instances to base package
>
>  Tue Mar 18 18:56:40 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Add Control.Category
>
>  Thu Mar 20 17:33:26 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
>   * Make Control.Category actually not import Prelude...

The first two are needed by the still-failing testcase; the third one
just makes it build faster by side-stepping Prelude. I seem to have
left some patches out this time, though...