[Haskell-iPhone] Problems during link with ghc-ios

thomas burt thomaseburt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 23:30:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I was able to build a ghc cross-compiler as per the wiki instructions (1),
but I'm having trouble linking the static library in my application.
Previously, I was producing a single lib using Stephen Blackheath's
ghc-iphone binary with the flags "--make" and "-no-hs-main".

I've been attempting to use the "-staticlib" and "-threaded" options to
build the library, but Xcode reports missing symbols from both the RTS and
my own code when it tries to link. Furthermore, when I run
arm-apple-darwin10-ghc it reports that a number of libraries from the RTS
have no symbols (although "nm" can find them just fine).

Any suggestions for how to fix these problems would be appreciated!

Thanks again,
Thomas

(1) http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling/iOS