[Haskell-iPhone] A GitHub project

Carl Joachim Svenn karamellpelle at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:28:08 CEST 2013

Hi again!

> Hey Carl,
> respectfully, no one will be able to use your starter template for
> developing IOS software because of the license. GPL (any version) cannot be
> put on the APP store, and under the "standard EFF" interpretation of the
> GPL, even just looking at this code for ideas could be construed as
> derivative work.
>
> That said, thanks for sharing! (but would you please consider using
> MIT/BSD/Apache style licenses so that other can safely look at your code?)

Sorry that this was not possible. The reason was not to prevent people from
using it, but to prevent people from closing it. Try this instead:

https://github.com/karamellpelle/MEnv

> Just curious, have you tried to submit the binary for Apple review?  Really
> want to know whether haskell-iphone binary will pass Apple's review process,
> although not expecting any issue, but some assurance will be great.

I have not tried to submit this, since the game is not complete and should
not pass. For example, Apple requires bug free binaries and good user
experience, and this is not the case...

Best regards,
Carl Joachim