[Haskell-iPhone] iOS cross compile instructions now on GHC wiki / progress update

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:44:24 CET 2013

On 27/02/13 21:34, Stephen Blackheath [to GHC-iPhone] wrote:
> All,
>
> Cross-compiling GHC to iOS:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling/iOS

Great.  The point about dead-code removal is interesting: we have
special hacks so that you don't have to disable dead-code removal on OS
X, in the native code generator and (I presume) in the LLVM backend.
Perhaps this just needs to be adapted to work on iOS too?

On the other hand, the special hack involves adding lots of extra
symbols, so perhaps it's better to just disable dead-code removal.

Cheers,
	Simon