[Haskell-iPhone] Building ghc-ios after a clean git clone

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Sat Feb 23 00:55:18 CET 2013

I thought I'd post some information about building ghc-ios from a new
git clone since there are some issues.  I believe these are temporary
issues and will be resolved as patches go from the ios branch to master.

If you do a git clone followed by a sync-all you'll wind up with a lot
of the "sub" repositories being on commits that are too new for ghc-ios.
For awhile I felt like I was yak shaving but I've been able to track
down commits for all the repositories that are working right now.

I ended up writing a script since GHC isn't using git submodules and the
sync-all script doesn't seem to support a way to specify which commits
are appropriate for each of the repositories.

I'm keeping the script at the following URL if anyone needs it:

  https://github.com/pjones/ghc-ios-util/blob/master/ghc/checkout.sh

--
Peter Jones --- Love to Develop
303-219-0226 http://devalot.com