[Haskell-iPhone] Fat binaries on iOS Target

Joe joe at interare.com
Wed Dec 25 10:39:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I’m asking similar question on haskell-cafe group, but I think it’s more appropriate to ask here since it’s iPhone related. Please forgive my double post.

I have been trying to statically link Pandoc packages to iOS application and I want to say that what have been done so far as explained in https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling/iOS is great! I have finally successfully use Pandoc library in iOS app, but there’s an issue that the final app binary is more than 50MB when using Pandoc library. It’s around 5MB for simple haskell library. And without using Haskell, it’s around 100kb.

Is it possible to strip the executable binary? I read that stripping is not possible using xcode strip. I also try to add -split-objs flag, but it’s not working either.

Any idea? Is this a known issue?

Thanks for making Haskell work on iOS!

Best regards and merry christmas,
Joe