[Haskell-iPhone] trying to run the examples

Ton Biegstraaten ton.biegstraaten at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:24:19 CET 2012

Op 28 dec 2011, om 16:04 heeft David Pollak het volgende geschreven:

> These are two examples of running iPad apps.  iPhone and iPad apps do not differ in terms of any generated machine code, but only in some xcode stuff.
There is a SplitViewController that is only available on the iPad, so a direct port is not possible. I need to become more clever than I am at the moment

> The GHC-iPhone PDF document has a walk-through of creating a new xcode project that includes the GHC-iPhone code.  Please walk through those steps (I walked through them for both the Lisp thing and the Visi thing), but with a base iPhone xcode template rather than a base iPad xcode template and you'll get a running project.
Yes, it took some time, other things on my mind.
I made a simple Hello Fibonacci app. I only had problems with the Haskell binary stuff. You need to have a cabal and Main.hs file before you can compile and the given env variable is wrong. It should be: $CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR/dist/build/<project>
Then I can compile for all targets.
After a lot of strange errors I noticed that Haskell main is not the starting point but you have to adjust main.m to get things working.
From your examples I saw you use the ViewController in Haskell. I omitted that. I made a C interface and that was sufficient for this simple case.
It touches the interesting point of what you do in Haskell and what in Objective C. I saw there is a FFI in development for Obj C. That should make things easier I hope.
If `the other things are off my mind' I'll try to add the scheme interpreter and then find some task I can't live without running it in Haskell in my iPhone

thanks,
Ton