[Haskell-iPhone] Has anybody tried Xcode 4 and ghc7 ?

Stephen Blackheath [to GHC-iPhone] likeliest.complexions.stephen at blacksapphire.com
Wed Sep 14 00:48:10 CEST 2011

Thomas,

The current status is that Karel Gardas and I have got ARM code
generation via LLVM integrated properly into GHC mainline, with the help
of David Terei and Manuel Chakravarty.

The next step is to make some changes to both cabal and GHC that are
needed for cross-compiling in general. Now, Duncan Coutts and Ian Lynagh
from Well Typed are going to look at this question in October, and they
may be doing some work on it. This is a good thing, because Duncan is
the maintainer of Cabal. This month they're busy with ICFP. This is the
bulk of the outstanding work, and I'll be helping as much as I can.

Once that's done, there are a few very minor iPhone-specific changes.
The main one is the adjustor pool, which can pretty much be taken
straight from my old 6.10.4-based GHC-iPhone patch.

So at the moment we need to wait for Duncan and Ian to take a look at
it. I'll let you know when there's some news.

Steve