[Hugs-users] ANNOUNCE: new release of Hugs

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 17:25:10 EDT 2006

Hi Bulat,

> > We are pleased to announce a new minor release of Hugs, fixing a few
> > bugs with the May 2006 release, and with libraries roughly matching
> > the forthcoming GHC 6.6 release.
>
> isn't it better to wait until 6.6 release? the libs can still be changed a bit

The main purpose of the release is not to match 6.6 libraries, but to
fix a few bugs in Hugs, specifically the last release of Windows and
Hugs didn't have all the libraries working properly due to a few bugs
in the base libraries at that time. There are also a few bugs fixed in
WinHugs, and a few makefile issues ironed out, I think.

And if the 6.6 libraries change much at this stage, thats a bad sign!

(Of course, once your libraries stuff is all finished, compilers may
never release with a set of libraries again :) )

Thanks

Neil