[Hugs-users] newbie problem help pliz

Arash arashbi at gmail.com
Sun May 14 07:08:46 EDT 2006

I am unfamiliar with haskell and just started learning it. I need to run a
program developed by my master for real number calculation some years ago.
First attemp to run it by hugs gives me this error message:

ERROR "RN_Comp.hugs":258 - Undefined variable "%"

I tryed to import Ratio, which solved the problem but after that it gives me
this error message:

ERROR "RN_Comp.hugs":18 - Type error in application
*** Expression     : fromInteger . fromEnum
*** Term           : fromInteger
*** Type           : Integer -> a
*** Does not match : Int -> a

which is for this function:

{- moving to traditional signed-digit       -}
fromDigit :: Digit -> Integer
fromDigit =(\n -> n - 1).fromInteger.fromEnum

Coudl anyone help me please fix this problem?
--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.