[Hugs-users] Re: Re[2]: bug with the "hPutChar h (chr 0)"

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 07:05:00 EST 2006

Hi Bulat,

> btw, "putChar '\0'" in WinHugs still prints nothing, in contrast to
> "putChar '\1'".
Indeed it will. I can't actually display a \0 (and I doubt many people
really want a \0 on their screen), so I'll flip it to a \1, or maybe a
'?' ?

>  i also reported you about problems with recalling from
> history command after using "open" command from menu.
I don't remember that and can't seem to find it in my list of bugs. I
have started a new bug tracking page on the wiki at
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WinHugs/Bugs , so please re-add
that bug back on the list, and I can keep that as a record of an
ongoing discussion about all bugs known in WinHugs. Hopefully this way
I won't loose any information!

> also i want to suggest saving history of commands in the registry (or
> disk file) - this proved to be very useful in other shells. and about
> window with list of all commands
Sounds doable, and could be quite useful. There are only two issues -
privacy (although i can't imagine many people care that much) and user
interface. I might have a go at it in the future - I've added it to
the list.

Thanks

Neil