[Hugs-users] Re: bug with the "hPutChar h (chr 0)"

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:08:34 EST 2006

Hi Bulat,

> the following programs shows the bug in the WinHugs20051031 - it
> doesn't write the '\0' chars to the files. this error shows only in
> winhugs.exe, but not in hugs.exe nor in runhugs.exe
Ah ha! Yes, I see what I've done there - I moved from character IO to
String IO - and the string is \0 delimited - I'll fix it up tomorrow.

> ps: btw, Neil, there is one more small suggestion about WinHugs - in
> the window showing the class hierarchy the scroller bar at the right is
> not working properly. you know, it's the same bug, that was in the
> WinHugs2003 with the scroller in main window

Indeed, the reason being that the entire Browse menu is something I
never use, hence none of the code in that has been touched beyond just
making sure it still works at some basic level. All the code has been
moved into a file called Legacy.c and I've put a comment at the top
saying I don't have a clue what its doing. I'm hoping that Hoogle
<http://www.haskell.org/hoogle/> will be able to do this by version 4,
so I'm just waiting til then.

If there is anything that is really important to people, let me know
and I'll try to fix it - but I probably won't make any polish
improvements to it.

Thanks

Neil