[Hugs-users] Network.CGI missing in Hugs

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:15:25 EST 2006

Hi Steve,

> I am new to the Hugs community. I am drawn to hugs due to perl6's
> success of bootstrapping from hugs.

I think what you are probably thinking of is GHC, which is what Pugs
is written using. Pugs cannot be run under Hugs, it uses some GHC
extensions. However, if you are just going to do "normal" haskell
development, learning the language etc, Hugs is a fine choice to get
started with.

> I am coming from the web development side, so the first thing I am
> thinking doing is of course, doing some cgi stuff with hugs. It seems
> that Network.CGI is missing from Hugs Sep 2006 release. I wonder if
> there is any reason?

Windows/Linux? If Windows did you pick WinHugs or MinHugs? My copy of
WinHugs has it installed, not sure what other options/packages have it
though.

Thanks

Neil