[Hugs-users] graphics

dfeustel at mindspring.com dfeustel at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 27 18:13:43 EST 2006

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:10:50PM +0000, Dave at haskell.org wrote:
> > Do soe.hs based graphics work in hugs98?
> > I am getting one error after another just trying
> > to get the soe module to load.
>
> I works for me (but the module is called Graphics.SOE rather than
> SOEGraphics).  What errors do you get?  (If you've copied the module
> to the current directory, it's not going to work.)
I had done that. I will delete the file from my local directory.
I had done an install of hugs98 into /usr/local/lib/hugs but I notice
that almost none of the hugs98 packages got copied into /usr...
So I set HUGSDIR=path/to/packages/in/my/user/account.
I keep getting new "not found" errors for include files pulled in
by the soe.hs file.

I'm now reading Hudak's book _The Haskell School of Expression_ and
finding it very helpful. I've just got into the "simple graphics"
and I thought I would try it out. I think the problem I'm having is
that the includes in soe are for old-style libraries and the files
to be included are not found. I'm slowly starting to try to figure
out what's going on with the includes since that seems to be where
the problem lies.