[Hugs-users] Hugs snapshot

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri Mar 11 12:12:24 EST 2005

Ross Paterson wrote:
> [...]The Hugs libraries build system does autodetection: the packages X11,
> HGL, OpenGL, GLUT and OpenAL are built only if the relevant C libraries
> are present on the build machine.  You probably want to ensure that
> they are present, and then build multiple packages (so the basic hugs
> package doesn't depend on those libraries).  One possibility is hugs-hgl
> (X11 and HGL) and hugs-hopengl (OpenGL, GLUT and OpenAL).  That groups
> together packages with the same author and licence.  Another would be
> to have 5 extra packages, but that seems overkill.

Hmmm, this sounds a bit strange to me. I think for packaging there are
basically 2 options:

  * A single "Sumo" package with everything fptools/libraries can possibly
    offer on the given platform, nice for the lazy downloader with DSL or T1. :-)

  * Separate packages for each, well, package.

I think the 2nd option is nicer and is the way how a lot of systems are
doing (Perl, PHP, etc.).

Cheers,
    S.