[Hugs-users] Re: Setting Search Path doesn't persist in WinHugs

Greg Ballinger gregb at netrox.net
Tue May 4 22:35:47 EDT 2004

AHA, I found the problem. When starting the WinHugs.exe file directly in
C:\Program Files\Hugs98 it does use the persisted search path. However when
starting it via the shortcuts installed in the Windows Start Menu system it
does not. Evidently the shortcut in the menu uses an empty -P option when
starting WinHugs.

Sigbjorn Finne told me "I'll fix this in the next release, but creating
your own shortcuts sounds like the simplest way out."

For those unfamiliar with creating Windows shortcuts, an easy way to do
this is:
1) navigate to the WinHugs.exe file,
2) right-click,
3) select Send to desktop (Create shortcut).
4) drag or copy the shortcut to wherever you want it.

If you wish to set WinHugs command line options in your shortcut
1) right-click on the shortcut after you have created it
2) select Properties
3) Type your selected command line options at the end of target line
         Example: "C:\Program Files\Hugs98\winhugs.exe" +t
         will cause WinHugs to display the result and type of each
expression entered at the Hugs prompt:

Hope this is helpful and not too elementary.

--Greg Ballinger