source-only release candidate

David Bakin d.bakin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 17:46:55 EDT 2003

w.r.t. fptools - can you explain what I need here.  The first line seems to
be running happy over parser.y - but I thought there was already an
up-to-date good parser.c in src.  The second line seems to be running a
program called hsc2hs - which is in the ghc distribution - but it appears to
be doing unix-ish stuff.  How do I build the fptools for win32? A lot of the
makefiles seem ghc-specific.  I guess the issue is that I'm willing to try
this out on win32 (esp. as I didn't see anyone else say they're trying it)
but I'm unfamilar with the tree.  I do have cygwin & ghc 5.02 installed if
they are necessary to build hugs.

 -- Dave

from toplevel makefile:

 find fptools/libraries -name "*.ly" -o -name "*.y" |  xargs -l happy
 find fptools/libraries -name "*.hsc" |  xargs -l hsc2hs --no-compile
 find fptools/libraries -name "*_hsc_make.c" |  xargs src/unix/hsc_kludge

 -- Dave