Parsec: GHC /= Hugs?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:43:21 +0000

Alastair Reid <alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk> writes:

> > That'll work just fine, but Hugs is now a bit more clever, letting
> > you use ":" as the path separator in path lists on Windows platforms
> > also.
>
> Does this work with DOS-style filenames like "c:\temp\foo.hs"?
> If so, how does Hugs distinguish the two different uses of colons?

I recently came across this cool feature in GHC under Windows, so
I guess it probably works in Hugs too, since Sigbjorn is involved
with both.

If you think about it, it isn't actually too difficult to work out that
a single letter directory name in the middle of a colon-separated path
is probably intended to be a drive letter belonging to the following
entry, and adjust accordingly.  I bet you could write a one-liner in
Haskell to do it.

Regards,
    Malcolm