end-of-input signal

Ross Paterson ross@soi.city.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:55:58 +0000

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 11:55:32AM -0600, Hamilton Richards wrote:
> In the November 2002 release of Hugs for Mac OS X, Control-D
> apparently no longer signals end of keyboard input. Is there some
> other signal that causes hugsHIsEOF to return True?

Same on Linux (and not just with this release, I think).  This is just
part of Hugs's strange treatment of stdin: it turns off canonical
processing (including the special meaning of ^D) and echoing.
Then getChar echoes characters on stdout (which is not always right)
but getContents and hGetChar stdin don't.