SOE Graphics for SunOS/Solaris

Alastair Reid alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
09 Sep 2002 15:22:12 +0100

[quick reply - the ICSE deadline is tonight.  If this brings no joy,
I'll look into it more thoroughly tomorrow.]

> Dear Hugs user, I am trying to install the SOE graphics library for
> Solaris, but I am having no success. Everything compiles fine, but
> at run-time I get an error:

> /usr/X11/lib/libX11.so.6.1: symbol authdes_create: referenced symbol not found

This sounds familiar.

IIRC, Solaris needs an additional library.  I don't recall which one but
you can find out by running:

  nm -A /usr/lib/*.so* /usr/X11R6/lib/*.so* 2> /dev/null | grep authdes_create

Once you know which library, add the library to the link line.
Suppose the above reported a library called /usr/lib/libauth.so.42,
then you'd do this:

  make clean
  make LDFLAGS=-lauth

> Anyone who has done this before who can help me?

I know I've answered this problem before (and we figured out exactly
which library to use) but don't remember who I told the answer to so
if it was you and you remember the fix, can you let Koen and I know?

--
Alastair