hugs ffi (nov 2002 on windows )

R. Legere legere@adelpia.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:26:31 -0500

On windows, hugs +G (or ffihugs +G, not sure) links and compiles using
microsoft
tools ("cl"). It used to just generate the stubs, and leave it to you to do
the rest. This way is smoother, but does depend on  owning visual studio.
This is a non-issue for me, since I do have visual studio, but how would you
proceed using the borland tools or cygwin or some other free tools? Do you
have to build hugs using those tools to get it to work? Or are these just
not supported? (Hey, you can't support everything, I can understand that !)

On a related question, where can I find source to the win32 libs and the
hugs graphics library for windows? I browsed CVS for a while, but couldn't
find them there.

Cheers, and thanks
  Ron