Quoted filenames in error msgs

Bjarte M. Oestvold Bjarte.M.Oestvold@nr.no
17 Sep 2001 18:44:53 +0200

Is there a way to force Hugs (Feb 2001 or CVS) to quote filenames in
errors messages, e.g., I want

    ERROR "/nr/user/bjarte/tmp/foo/A.hs":1 - ...

instead of

    ERROR /nr/user/bjarte/tmp/foo/A.hs:1 - ...

The reason I want this is to make Emacs & Haskell mode (version 1.41)
happy when parsing error messages -- it expects messages to have
quoted filenames.

Of course, one could attempt to handle this on the ELisp side, but it
gets messy allowing for spaces, quotes or colons in filenames, ...
(and regexps drives me nuts after having used parsing combinators :)

In the archives of hugs-{bugs|users} there are discussions of a
related problem in *invoking* editors from Hugs, but unless I've
misunderstood something this does not help here.

  Bjarte