export lists

Hamilton Richards hrichrds@swbell.net
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:46:38 -0500

At 8:16 PM -0500 6/27/01, Michael Ackerman wrote:
>Hello,
>    I've just started to study the Haskell module system, and I find
>that export lists for modules in Hugs do not seem to work. For example,
>if I write
>
>module Foo (a) where
>a = 0
>b = 1
>
>and then load Foo, both a and b are visible. What am I doing wrong? Any
>help will be appreciated.

Both a and b are visible on the command line, but b will not be visible in
any module that imports Foo.

--Ham

Hamilton Richards, PhD           Department of Computer Sciences
Senior Lecturer                  Mail Code C0500
512-471-9525                     The University of Texas at Austin
Taylor Hall 5.138                Austin, Texas 78712-1188
ham@cs.utexas.edu                hrichrds@swbell.net