Feb 2001 MSI available

Christopher Sharpe ctsharpe@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:42:39 -0500

Hi,

Thanks to

	Sigbjorn Finne

for making Hugs so easy to install on Windows.

It would be great if  O'Hugs

	http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~nordland/ohugs/win32/

were so easy. Acutally installing O'Hugs itself is straightforward, but
O'Hugs has examples using the associated Tcl extension called Tix, whose
homepage is

  http://www.tix.mne.com/

I don't have a compiler, so would like to find binaries for Tix which
will work with Tcl 8.3, which is what O'Hugs seems to need.

I downloaded the following from

ftp://ftp.tix.mne.com/pub/tcl/temptix/

	tix41p6.zip
	win41p6bin.zip

and the "readme" file in the latter says

"The files contained in this package:

Tix4.1.0/win/tcl7.6/
	Tix binaries compiled for Tcl 7.6 using BC++ 4.52

Tix4.1.0/win/tcl8.0/
	Tix binaries compiled for Tcl 8.0b2 using BC++ 4.52

	>> Do not mix these files with a wish.exe from Tcl8.0b1    <<
	>> wish. You must install tcl8.0b2 on your machine first   <<
	>> before using these binaries.				   <<
"

Am I out of luck unless I get a compiler?

Thanks for your help,

Christopher Sharpe