hugs for MacOS X

Johan Nordlander nordland@cse.ogi.edu
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:25:19 -0800

On Wednesday, December 19, 2001, at 08:58  AM, Stephen Harris wrote:

> Hi, I downloaded hugs for MacOS X (I'm running 10.1) and ran
> the installer, but there are no files in the indicated places,
> no man page and I can't run the interpreter.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Stephen Harris

Was the directory /usr/local/share/hugs/ created?  In that case
a quick fix would be for you to manually move hugs and runhugs
from that location to /usr/local/bin, and the man page hugs.1 to
/usr/local/man/man1.  I'm not really sure what's preventing the
files from being installed at the right places, but I've
experienced the same problem myself when the files had
unfortunate privilege settings.  Maybe your input can help me
find out what the problem realle is.

-- Johan